Welcome to the Texas State University Public Relations Student Society of America (PRSSA) Mentor Program. We appreciate your interest in this new opportunity for public relations students who study in the School of Journalism and Mass Communication to connect with a PR professional.
The program gives students one-on-one access to a PR professional for advice and support to prepare for a position after graduation. The student gives experienced pros a chance to give back, or pay it forward, and share their invaluable knowledge.
Our program is simple: commit to one semester and a minimum of two meetings between student and mentor. Fill out this easy application and we will connect students to mentors for a flexible and rewarding one-on-one networking opportunity.
- What is the Public Relations Student Society of America (PRSSA) Mentor Program?
- What are the benefits of being a mentor?
- How are students matched with mentors?
- During this program, can a student have more than one mentor at a time?
- Can a mentor advise more than one mentee during a semester?
- Is there an interview process to become a PRSSA mentor?
- What are the requirements to be a mentor?
- How much time is required to be a mentor?
- Are there requirements for the mentor and student to complete?
- What does a mentor do?