What You Will Learn
This dual-city study abroad program offers students the special opportunity to study international communication from mass media and literary perspectives in a unique
cultural environment. Spain, a nation that became part of the Roman Empire centuries ago, later grew into a powerful global colonial empire that lasted for years. The kingdom has
an extraordinary heritage—from the arts and architecture—to music and lifestyle. The unique cultures of Madrid and Barcelona continue to thrive and mature because
of the great impact caused by globalization, technology, geopolitics, and economics. By this, Spain offers students keen insights into communication study and Spanish life.
Madrid and Barcelona reflect the best that Spain has to offer. The national capital and Spain’s largest city, Madrid, is a modern metropolis located in the center of Spain, and
it is also considered one of the largest cities in Europe. An important tourist destination for business and leisure, Madrid is a dynamic global destination. Barcelona, the second-largest city in Spain and the self-proclaimed capital of the Catalunya region, is located on the Mediterranean Sea. The city is considered one of Europe’s best places for business and for beaches. Official languages are Spanish and Catalan. Barcelona is a fascinating mix of history and modernity, tradition and innovation, founded by Phoenicians and Carthaginians in the 3rd century.
- Junior, senior and graduate students will be given preference
- Undergraduate students with a 2.75+ overall GPA will be given preference over those with below a 2.75 overall GPA.
- Graduate Students with a 3.5+ overall GPA will be given preference over those with below a 3.5 overall GPA.
- Students who have not completed another study abroad program will be given preference over those that have already completed a study abroad program.
- 40% of the spots will be reserved for students enrolled at the Round Rock Campus.
- Students may be asked to submit a letter indicating why they wish to study abroad. Participants must complete the required online application and be officially admitted to the program.
For more information contact:
Dr. Edna Rehbein | Phone: 512.716.4400 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Harry Bowers | Phone: 512.245.2656 | E-mail: email@example.com