The Mass Communication graduate program offers its students the option of pursuing either a professional project track or a thesis track. The curriculum emphasizes digital skills for all students. Students are exposed to digital storytelling, web design, storytelling across platforms and the core courses below also stress digital competencies.
All students are required to take the following core classes and make at least a “B” average in the core classes combined.
- MC 5302 – Research Methods in Mass Communication
- MC 5303 – Theories of Mass Communication
- MC 5313 – Media Law and Ethics
- MC 5316 – Digital Media Issues
- MC 5324 – Media Writing
- MC 5328 – Digital Storytelling
Click on the links below for more information about the thesis professional project: