The Ph.Digital Bootcamp prepares mass communication doctoral students and early career faculty to become digital scholar-educators and lead curriculum innovation. The program is an online/in-person hybrid that begin in Spring 2018 with 19 participants visiting the Texas State campus May 14-20. Activities were held in the Media Innovation Lab (MILab) in the School of Journalism and Mass Communication.
The workshop addressed the following topics:
- digital platforms and product management
- web and mobile development
- data journalism and visualization
- social media engagement
- entrepreneurship and innovation
- experiential learning in the digital environment
- emerging media in drones, virtual reality and bots
- pedagogy strategies and digital scholarship insights
Thanks to support from the John S. and James L. Knight Foundation, participants receive funding to cover training, transportation, lodging, materials and meals for the in-person workshop in May. Find additional program information and curriculum at phdigitalbootcamp.com.